New technology and new method, for the crude oil tanks, tankers and waste pits (pools) sludge emptying and cleaning operation, this operation advanced with a complete recovery for the crude oil that exists in the sludge content, and with minimum reducing for the materials to be disposing and wasting, and with the minimum reducing for most of the environmental hazards, all of this with minimum reducing of the total coasts.
First to know that the planning for crude oil tanks, tankers and waste pits (pools) sludge emptying and cleaning operation, content some of the difficult to solve problems and hard to answer questions, like:
- How to empty and clean a tank from the sludge inside it?, by the easiest way to do this and without opening the tank.
- How and where this useless sludge well be disposed, with out effecting our environment?, and without making more pits (pools).
- How much it will coast to perform the emptying and cleaning operation?, and how much it will coast if the operation is not done?
- How much time well be loosen to finish the complete operation?, and what is the intense work and transportation that is needed?
To take an idea about the actual size of the issue, please know that the average crude oil storage tank capacity is about 50’000 ton, if this tank needs a sludge emptying and cleaning that means that the sludge content in the tank has reached 40% up to 80% of the tank capacity.
This means, that we are dealing with a huge amount of a useless, non-disposal and environmentally danger sludge, this huge amount of sludge is from 20’000 ton up to 40’000 ton of the sludge that content in only ONE average crude oil storage tank
So it was very needed to develop the ordinary methods, or search for a new effective, economic and environmentally safe new method, for dealing with this huge amount of useless sludge and with out harming the environment or forming and digging for more pits (pools).
After performing the necessary research, we developed a new technology and new method, for sludge emptying and cleaning from the tanks, tankers and waste pits (pools).
This new technology and new method developed by our scientists and our long experiences in the oil fields, to give the tanks, tankers and waste pits (pools) sludge emptying and cleaning operation other unreachable dimensions. All of that was done by increasing and carrying out the following important benefits:
- Effectively and clearly, reducing the total sludge amount inside the tank, tanker or waste pit (pool), and minimize it to about 0% sludge content.
- Successfully and safely, reduce most of the negative side effects to the environment, workers and operation, and eliminate it either through the work process or when disposing the wastes.
- Creatively and productively, convert all of the sludge content and transfer it to an usable and valuable materials, and to environmentally safe and easy to dispose wastes.
- Scientifically and prolifically, recover most of the crude oil that is exists in the sludge content and extract it, and return it completely valuable crude oil again.
- Busily and sufficiency, reduce the total amount of the sludge to be wasted and disposed from 100% to 20% down to 2% of the actual total sludge amount (100% of the sludge) in the tank, tanker or waste pit (pool).
- Economically and reasonably, reduce the actual total coast, for the tank and the waste pit (pool) emptying and cleaning operation.
- Effortlessly and obviously, reduce the needed time, transportation and the intense work that is needed to finish the same job by the ordinary ways.
The major main lines carried out in this new technology and new method is:
- Effectively and easily, performing a complete sludge emptying and cleaning of the tank, tanker or waste pits (pools), from about 100% of the sludge volume inside it.
- Liquefying the sludge, and make it able to be treated throw a closed circles, and to make it able to be transferred easily out side the tank or the pit.
- Chemically and physically treat the sludge content, to extract and recovery about 80% specified crude oil, from the total sludge volume (100%) inside the tank or the pit.
- After the crude oil recovery process, the remaining sludge volume is minimized and reduced down to about 20% of its actual volume (100%).
- This 20% that is remained from the total sludge volume, is to be treated, converted and transferred to either usable and valuable materials, or environmentally safe and easy to dispose wastes.
- So, finally the 100% of the actual sludge volume inside the tank, tanker or waste pit (pool) is converted through the operation to about:
- 80% recovered specified crude oil.
- 20% remaining valuable and environmentally safe to dispose materials.
That major main lines has been targeted and done by the following:
- Extract and Recovery about 99% of the crude oil that is exists in all of the sludge content.
- Convert and Transfer about 99% of the sludge volume that is remained after the recovery of the crude oil, to a usable and valuable materials, or environmentally safe and easy to dispose wastes, like mud, water and asphalt, with the amount of 20% of the total sludge amount.
Totally, this new technology and new method Increase the benefits and decrease the negatives of the other known methods, in the sludge emptying and cleaning operation for the tanks, tankers and waste pits (pools) from the total sludge content.
In the ordinary other known methods YOU used to hardly move out and dispose 100% of the total sludge content, which is considered (the sludge) as a completely danger, flammable, very difficult to dispose and environmentally hazarded material.
But, in our new technology and new method WE need to easily move out and dispose about 2% of the remaining of the sludge volume, which is considered (the sludge) as a completely non-danger, non-flammable, easy to dispose and environmentally safe material.
For more details, we first must know that the oil production runs through different stages, one of which is the storage phase, during this phase the sludge is formatted.
Simply, the sludge is a complex mixture of:
- Paraffin’s oil (crude oil).
- Fine sands and dusts.
- Sulfur compounds.
- Other inorganic and secondary materials.
These complex mixtures (sludge), sediments down the tank or the waste pit (pool), and its quantities and volume grow bigger in time, until the tank or the waste pit (pool) considered out of operation.
Various methods were used in order to empty and clean tanks, the direct and the simplest way is to get rid of the sludge by opening the tank and removing the sludge away manually or mechanically, this method is highly costly and lead to other big environmental and hazard problems.
We developed our new technology, and designed our new method and operation for the sludge emptying and cleaning from the tanks, tankers and waste pits (pools). It consists of specific chemicals to be added, mechanical and a thermal process, by which different percentage of the sludge we recovered it into crude oil with the same specifications of the original crude oil was (that depend on the type of the crude oil, weathering, pressure, temperature and type and age of the sludge).
From the treatment process and sludge recovery, we get back most of the crude oil in the percentage of 80% some times up to 90% from the total amount of the sludge, and the remains of the treatment process and sludge recovery are mud, water and some asphalt components, with the percentage of 20% down to 10% from the total amount of the sludge, most of the remains are usable or environmentally safe to dispose.
The sludge recovery and treatment process units is specially designed and developed to treat sludge located at the bottom of the tank. The method is theoretically quit simple, the sludge is to be heated and then mixed with fresh crude oil, then the total sludge / fresh crude oil shall be heated up to 50° C, afterwards the specific chemicals substance is to be added by injection.
The required specific chemicals are manufacture by us, and designed so that the sludge layer shall be dissolved in the liquid phase (oil phase) and the water present shall be separated completely.
This new technology is very profitable, because the recovered crude oil can cover part of the expenses (the operation pays for it self). In additional, not spending more money on cleaning the same amount of sludge by the ordinary methods which is not compatible with the environment and safety regulations.
Our new technology and method is 100% environmentally friendly, as it leaves no sludge outside the tank, tanker or waste pit (pool), also it is a very easy and fast operation that an average tank takes about 20 days.
For more explanations, lets assume that you have a crude oil tank with the a storage capacity of 50’000 ton, and this crude oil tank content 50% sludge of its capacity, so we have the amount of 25’000 ton of useless and danger sludge to dial with.
(Case one), dialing with out our new technology and method, this data means that:
- You have already lost half of the tank storing capacity.
- You have 25’000 ton of sludge needs to be moved completely out of the tank.
- You have 25’000 ton of sludge needs to be wasted and disposed completely.
- What is the consideration for the safety of the operation, transportation and wasting.
- What is the consideration for our environment, and how and where this amount of useless sludge will be disposed and wasted.
- You have to pay a lot of money and spend a lot of time and perform intense work to finish the job.
(Case two), dialing with our new technology and method, so the given data means that:
- We shall easily empty and clean the tank for you with out open it and we well restore for you 100% of its storage capacity (50’000 ton) again.
- We shall recover the useless sludge for you to get back 80% crude oil from the sludge, this means 20’000 ton of crude oil been recovered and returned from nothing.
- The remains of the recovered sludge is only 20% (5’000 ton), and this remains is mud, water and asphalt that is all usable and valuable, or environmentally safe to be wasted.
- The recovered crude oil is valuable, and can be estimated as a part of the cost (come from nothing), also the job wont take half of the time by the ordinary ways, with no environment or safety worry (etc.).
By this new technology and new method, we have solved for you all of your capacity, method, time, safety, environment and financial problems. For this, we have developed this new technology and method for the crude oil tanks, tankers and waste pits (pools) sludge emptying and cleaning operation.
Our new technology and new method is changing the useless sludge into:
- Pure and specific “Crude Oil”, that is usable and valuable.
- “Mud, Water and Asphalt”, that is usable or environmentally safe to be wasted.